2003, the Working Group provided an
evangelization plan at the diocesan level, the parish level, the school
level and the caritas level. It was endorsed by the HK Diocese.
Details are as follows:
- To push ahead all faith to study the document
on evangelization to non-Catholics by Group Four of the Diocesan
Synod. The Diocese has printed both the Chinese and English copies of
the document which can be obtained at parishes and the Diocesan
- To organize an Evangelical Gathering to be
held at the Coliseum of Mission Sunday 2004.
- To publish a pamphlet on
"The Act of the
Apostles" and push ahead all faith to study the evangelization spirit
of the early church.
- To organize more seminars on
"The Act of the
Apostles". To publish quarterly newsletters on the progress and plans
of work in evangelization in the Diocese and Parishes, and have them
printed in both "Kung Kao Pao"
and the "Sunday Examiner"
- To arrange parishioners to share their
experiences in evangelization in the council meeting of HKCCCL
- On 26 October 2003 (Sunday), parishes can
make use of Sunday Homily, sharings and reports to explain to the
laity the meaning of the Year of Evangelization and appeal to them
to spread the Good News to their family members, colleagues and
friends, with a view to leading one convert. The Diocese will inform
all parishes through the "Curia Notice" in the Sunday Examiner.
- Parishes can consider promoting a Movement to
encourage the laity to seek those apathetic Catholics and to spread Good
News to non-Catholics at different settings.
To encourage the faithful associations in parishes to use
evangelization as their theme in their yearly plan for the coming year.
To consider organizing evangelization activities by parishes or
deaneries such as evangelization picnics, evangelization dinners,
evangelization concerts, evangelization variety shows, evangelization
film-shows, evangelization carnivals and evangelization relay, etc.
A. School Level:
- The theme of this year's
"Education Sunday" has been fixed as
"Education and Evangelization", in order to match with the various
activities in the implementation period of the Year of Evangelization.
School as a good place for evangelization should actualize its mission
on evangelization to non-Catholics.
- A study tour has been organized to Sydney, Australia in March 2004,
to study how the Education Ministry of the local Catholic schools
strengthen religious education in schools and evangelize inside schools.
- One of the items in the
"School Concern Items for the Year" must be
related to religious education and evangelization. Diocesan Schools can
also upload the related plan and activities in the school intra-net for
B. Teacher Level:
- To organize catechumenate classes for teachers so that non-Catholic
teachers can have the opportunity to know more about Catholicism and
make conversion, thereby increasing the number of Catholic teachers in
- To organize "Hug-hug God" gathering in Teachers'
Development Day, to
let staff in Catholic Schools know more about Catholicism and deepen the
faith of Catholic teachers.
- To organize "Bible Study Group", encourage those non-Catholic
teachers to participate.
C. Student Level:
- To expand the recruitment plans and
activities of " (Young
Pioneers of Christ)", encourage and assist those non-Catholic members to
participate in catechumenate classes.
- To organize religious extra-curricular
activities similar to "
Young Pioneers of Christ" in kindergarten.
D. Parents Level:
- To co-operate with "Parent-teachers’ Association" in organizing catechumenate classes for non-Catholic parents, so that more parents can
know and concur with the culture and direction of the Church in running
schools, on the other hand, we can gain more support and consolidation
from them, and finally more converts.
- Objective: To establish the work of the Year of Evangelization within
the organization of Caritas-Hong Kong.
- To recruit, support and co-ordinate Caritas related persons in
joining the evangelical activities, especially in participation of the
the catechumenate classes.
- To promote activities of the Year of Evangelization.
- To strengthen the religious atmosphere within Caritas social centres.
- To organize religious gathering for Catholic staff and those
interested in the Catholic faith.
Dated: 17 Oct 2003