Why do we have
Evangelization is the basic element of the church.
- Dialogue of Pope John Paul II with the Bishop of Malawi on 15
We have to evangelize because
Jesus Christ Himself is an Evangelizer.
- This is good and pleasing to God our savior, who wills everyone
to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth. (I Timothy 2:3-4)
- Everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. (John 3:15)
Evangelization is a command from God.
- Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them
in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit. ( Matthew 28:19)
- Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every
creature. (Mark 16:15)
The Holy Spirit is with us during evangelization.
- And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate
8 to be with you always, the Spirit of truth, 9 which the
world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you
know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. (John 14:16-17)
- For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of
power and love and self-control.
So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, 6 nor of me, a
prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the
gospel with the strength that comes from God. (II
We have to evangelize because it is a grace.
- It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and
appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that
whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15：16)
- Many are invited, but few are chosen. (Matthew 22:14)
- So we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing
through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to
(II Cor 5:20)
Evangelizers are blessed with virtues and joy.
- All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have
a share in it.
(I Cor 9:23)
- The aim of this instruction is love from a pure heart, a good
conscience, and a sincere faith. Some people have deviated from
these and turned to meaningless talk. (I Timothy 1:5-6)
It is a priceless treasure.
- But as it is written: "What eye has not seen, and ear has not
heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has
prepared for those who love him,"
(I Cor 2:9)
- such as they had not heard of from of old. No ear has ever
heard, no eye ever seen, any God but you doing such deeds for those
who wait for him. (Isaiah 64:3)